Friday, February 1, 2008

Color




Color is in and around our lives all the time. Color is in the clothes we ware to our toothbrushs we brush our teeth with every morning. Colors are meant to send and speak a subliminal message to the eye viewing it. Such as pink is for girls and blue is for boys or red is for stop and green is for go. It is subconchesly driven into our heads that different colors send off different messages.
My group, for this project, explored a supermarket to find colors and how they can send not just one message but many.
For the first example I choose Johnson's Baby Wash. The bottle is a soft pastel pink. It looks very soothing and gentle. If I had a child I would want them to have a nice soft warm bath before I put them down to bed and this color says to me that Johnson's Baby Wash would make that happen.
In comparison to the pink wash these donuts are also very similar shade of pink. They look very exciting and tasty. They grab my attention because donuts are not usually pink. I could see them from across the room and they caught my eye but that didn't happen as fast when i saw the pink baby wash.
Even thow both of these items are the same color they send different messages to people. One says soft and soothing while the other says fun and exciting. Color is very interesting in the way that it can change our opinions and have our brain prejudge object before washing with them or eating them. I really liked this project and I think it was a very interesting subject to think about.

No comments: